Introduction: Eriez Magnetics designs, develops and markets technologically advanced equipment for magnetic separation, lifting and handling, vibratory feeding and conveying of materials, metal detection and material sampling, fluid recycling and filtration systems throughout the world. Eriez has developed more than 50 new products, and produces over 1,000 types of magnetic, vibratory and metal detection equipment.
We were instructed to complete multiple electrical projects, including an upgrade of the mains distribution within Plant 2 and upgrade of the lighting provision. Due to the nature of the business, it was also within our brief to schedule the work within the client’s timeframe, that did not cause production downtime.
Eriez were open to receiving our advice on the project. To date we carried out LED lighting design throughout the factory, electrical installation within their new production plant and upgraded to the 800Amp mains distribution within Plant 2.
- We achieved completion of the project that resulted in very little downtime for production.
- Achieving the required lux levels within the production area with a ceiling height of 10 metres.
- Daylight saving – as part of the lighting design, we installed an efficient LED lighting system that incorporated occupancy and Lux Level sensors that switch off after a given time or when the required Lux levels are achieved.
- We installed RCD protected interlocked industrial socket outlets in readiness for 18th edition throughout the new build, 16-32-amp single phase and 16-32amp three phase and neutral. Part of a safety interlock mechanism, you cannot energise the power supply until the plug is full engaged.
- We have now been instructed to upgrade the 400Amp mains distribution within Plant 1 that’s scheduled in for the Christmas shutdown again with no downtime to production.